INFORMATION & POLICIES FOR SCHOOL GROUPS
Share the experience of Japanese culture, anime, arts and entertainment with your students this year with Ai-Kon!
Ai-Kon is a non-profit organization that hosts Manitoba’s premier and largest anime convention, a family-friendly event suitable for all ages. We believe in the power of the community to shape and change young lives and are committed to creative development, developing future artists, and helping young people experience, appreciate, and participate in Japanese culture.
2018 marks Ai-Kon’s 17th anniversary and we are offering a special Student Group Discount rate to schools and educational groups that wish to attend. The convention that focuses on the celebration of animation, Japanese culture, video gaming, cosplay and our local community, held at the RBC Convention Centre Winnipeg. This year, Ai-Kon is will be held on the weekend of July 27th – 29th, 2018.
The following information and policies will help you prepare your students for their convention experience. Please let us know if you have any questions or suggestions.
Thank you for your interest in bringing the appreciation of Japanese culture into your classrooms!
BEFORE YOUR VISIT:
The Ai-Kon Student Group Discount is up to 60% off the registration doore price of a Admission Ticket. Weekend passes are $24.00 and day passes are $16.00 plus applicable fees and taxes. Pass types cannot be combined and must be all the same per institution.
To book tickets:
- Download our “School Group Order Form” pdf
- Email your order to email@example.com .
- We cannot add or remove individuals to a group after it has been registered. If individuals drop out, their slot may be reassigned if prior arrangements are made with firstname.lastname@example.org . Please present final numbers when applying for this discount.
- Ai-Kon Student Group applications must be submitted no later than Friday June 15th 2018.
- Payment in full is due by five days after invoice is sent out by email. If the payment has not been received by this time, it will be considered void and the application cancelled. If the cheque arrives after the deadline, the cheque will be destroyed and the application cancelled.
- Payment can be made through the venue’s “tix123” eTicketing system or via cheque addressed directly to Ai-Kon Ltd. or paypal tractions
- Group discounts are refundable up to five days before Ai-Kon.
Supervision: Please ensure adequate adult supervision for your group.
- To ensure that all schools can meet our supervision requirements, we will provide one complimentary adult ticket per every ten students.
- Only one group per school is eligible for the discount.
- There is a minimum of six students in a group with a maximum of sixty students in a group (excluding advisor/chaperone) to be eligible for the discount.
- There is a minimum of one advisor/chaperone with a maximum of six advisors.
- The program is targeted to assist junior high and high school students; all applicants (except the advisor/chaperone) must be 19 years of age or younger.
Changes and Cancellations:
If you need to adjust or cancel your order before the final payment deadline, please contact email@example.com .
Requests for changes, exchanges, or refunds will not be accepted after the final payment deadline. Refunds are not provided for patrons who did not attend the convention.
AT THE CONVENTION:
Picking up badges: Student and chaperon admission badges will be available for pick up at Ai-Kon’s Registration Desk.
- At the event, the chaperone/advisor is to proceed to the registration desk upon arrival to receive the group’s admission passes. The chaperone/advisor will be asked to provide a government issued photo ID and the email confirming receipts of payment. Only the chaperone/advisor is authorized to retrieve the admission passes.
Please review the following information on convention etiquette with your students before your trip.
- Ai-Kon is a family-friendly event that is marketed towards all ages; the event is also safe space.
- Our organization is dedicated to providing a harassment-free convention experience for everyone, regardless of gender, gender identity and expression, age, sexual orientation, disability, physical appearance, body size, race, ethnicity, religion (or lack thereof), or technology choices. We do not tolerate harassment of attendees/ staff/ volunteers/ exhibitors/ venue staff in any form.
- There is zero tolerance for the consumption of alcohol, illegal drugs or inhalation of solvents;
- Do not disturb, annoy or interfere with any other individuals, includes loud, inappropriate language;
- Supervision: teachers and other adult chaperones are responsible for their students’ conduct at all times while at the Convention Center.
Teachers and other adult chaperones are responsible for their students’ conduct at all times while at the Convention Center.
If you have questions or suggestions, please contact: