Cosplay Skills Faire Guidelines and Policies
- Due to spacing concerns, individuals are limited to one application which demonstrates one skill for Winterfest 2019. The number of tables available are limited.
- One skill per half table is allotted.
- Applications will close on January 26th 2019.
- Ai-Kon is a family friendly con. Please keep all content and language to a PG 13 level.
- Please respect Ai-Kon and convention center property. Do not move any furniture without permission.
- Please do not begin formally planning a cosplay skills faire display until you have received approval by the Ai-Kon event organizer.
- Be mindful of your designated space as the table will be shared with another individual.
- Materials brought and costume worn must be adherence to the Ai-Kon Costume and Weapons Policy
- Table location maps will be e-mailed one week prior to the convention.
- Participants are expected to interact and share information with attendees from their table during the allotted time.
- Prop pieces and display materials must not exceed the assigned area of 1 half table.
- Participants must be present at the table for the entire duration of the Cosplay Skills Faire.
- Failure to arrive at assigned space before presentation hours may result in forfeit of space.
- Participants are required to sign in for their table during the designated set up period.
- Participants must treat all attendees, exhibitors, artists/vendors, Ai-Kon volunteers and staff with respect and courtesy. Participants who are found to be in any way verbally or physically abusive risk violating this agreement.
- Participants manning the table are politely asked to restrict their mobile device usage.
- All beverages must be in resealable containers.
- Personal items are to be kept underneath tables (not behind) to ensure a safe walking space.
- Ai-Kon is not responsible for materials left unattended.
- Promotional materials are not permitted on the walls of the RBC Convention Centre; please utilize table space.
- Hentai, sexually explicit or explicitly violent materials may not be displayed. Any video shown must have received screening permission; documentation of permission must be present. Music / audio may be played in a moderate volume so that it is not disruptive to surrounding tables. This will be at the discretion of Ai-Kon staff.
- Participants are not permitted to sell merchandise.
Failure to comply with these guidelines and policies may result in a ban from hosting future cosplay skill demonstrations.