Ai-Kon 2020 Street Team Member
The Ai-kon Street Team is a newly formed volunteer group within the Ai-kon structure, that primarily works under the Communications department to help with postering, dropping off flyers to partnered business, attending promotional events & spreading information at the convention.
Out of Town Street Team Members
Ai-kon is also looking for Street Team Members from Rural Communities, and cities outside of Winnipeg to assist with postering.
These members would be required to pick up posters in Winnipeg, or be able to have them mailed to them, in order to poster in their communities.
Before the convention
- Display posters in public spaces of their assigned neighbourhoods and institutions
- Distribute promotional materials, like postcards and posters, for the convention at local businesses, schools, and community centres
- Attend Promotional Events (Other conventions, Canada Day, parades etc) to promote Ai-kon.
During the convention (these tasks available for members who were unable to complete their before convention hours or are looking to volunteer more at convention)
- Promote panels, events, and screenings onsite by handing out handbills and pamphlets to convention-goers
- Assist convention-goers & provide information
- Be pleasant and helpful!
- No experience putting up posters is needed! We can provide a workshop on tips and materials to use when putting up posters
- Volunteers must be able to physically put up posters in a variety of environments, including the outdoors
- Volunteers may be required to stand or walk for long periods of time
- Volunteers with special requirements, who are unable to meet the physical demands of postering, may be able to help with other tasks (assisting a friend who is postering, dropping off flyers, handing out handbills etc). Please let us know if you have any special requirements, and we will assess on a case by case basis.
- Drivers license & access to a car are an asset, but not required.
- Volunteers must be able to put in the equivalent of 8 hours of combined pre-convention & at convention volunteer work to qualify for a complementary weekend pass.
- Volunteers who are unable to complete the full 8 hours may still qualify for a reduced pass rate.
Fill out the below JotForm to apply to be a Ai-kon 2020 Street Team Member! Our Street Team Coordinator will be in touch shortly!
You can also send an email to firstname.lastname@example.org with any questions!