Tables went on sale Saturday April 13 at 12:00pm and the initial 75% have sold out.
Those interested can still apply for the remaining 25% on the wait list
If you are interested send an e-mail to firstname.lastname@example.org.
You e-mail should have a subject of 2013 Art Table - Your name
ex: 2013 Art Table - Jane Doe
- full legal name
- artist alias (if you have one)
- phone number (with area code)
- table size
- table partner (if applicable)
No replies will be issued until the following day, on 14 April.
When applying for a table, do not send more than one e-mail. If you send more than one e-mail the oldest time stamp will be used.
Tables are available for purchase at $75 for half a table and $110 for an entire table with no partner, this covers admission for one artist and covers all three days of the convention.
Tables will be sold in a 75% first come first serve and 25% lottery basis
if there is a wait list.
The lottery will be held approximately one week after response e-mails are issued - Sunday 21 April. Artists will be informing artists if they have a table or on the wait list.
If you purchase only a half table, you may not share that space with another artist. If you purchase an entire table you may share your art table with one other artist. The second artist must sign in at the Artist's Fair during the convention.
If you are unable to send this request yourself, you can have someone send the Art Table request on your behalf, but they must include the above required information.
General Art Table Rules:
- Artwork sold at Ai-Kon must be anime or of Japanese/Asian inspiration and may be done in any medium with the exclusion of food.
- Artwork for sale must be produced only by the individuals signing this agreement.
- Fanart is acceptable, so long as you credit the series or creator.
- No reproductions of existing works are permitted.
- Second hand merchandise or trademark items may not be sold.
- Hentai, sexually explicit or explicitly violent artwork may not be openly displayed. This will be at the discretion of Ai-Kon staff. Such artwork may be sold discreetly, but may not be viewed or purchased by any person under the age of 18.
- Any artwork that is manufactured to have you print please inform the artist coordinator and list your exhibitor. This is to prevent possible bootlegs
- Artists must abide by Art Fair room hours.
- Food that is purchased from Winnipeg Convention Centre food vendors are allowed in the Artist's room for the artists and vendors only. At the end of each day of the convention, all food items not in bags or backpacks will be thrown in the garbage as part of a cleaning routine.
- All drinks in the Artist's room must be contained in re-sealable containers.
- Personal items are to be kept underneath art tables (not behind) to ensure a safe walking space.
- Artwork is not permitted on the walls of the Winnipeg Convention Centre; please utilize your table space.
Any questions, comments or concerns e-mail Amy at email@example.com
----------------------------------------------------------------------------------- The Mascot contest is presently closed.
Draw Aiko - Mascot Contest!
We're looking for a new design for Aiko, the Ai-Kon mascot, for uses on the convention's promotional materials and merchandise.
Generally Aiko is a cheerful, stylish, energetic anime girl with pink hair and blue eyes. Please keep the eye and hair colour but feel free to change the attitude to match the theme for the year. For example, the theme for 2013 submissions was Warrior Aiko.
That meant that Aiko could be portrayed as any recognition of a warrior; traditional Japanese warriors such a ninjas or samurai or any other. This was a broad theme which enable you lots of room to explore and be creative. Just please remember Ai-Kon is a family friendly convention.
Aiko appears on a variety of Ai-Kon promotional materials, including t-shirts, posters, flyers, badges, programs, and the Ai-Kon web site (http://www.ai-kon.org).
Contest rules and requirements:
-Full-body entries only
- Entries must have no background
-No entries featuring poses, outfits and/or hair styles of copyrighted characters, or copyrighted characters themselves. Any entries featuring copyrighted material will not be accepted.
-No adult-themed entries will be accepted. This will be at the discretion of Ai-Kon executives. Please ensure entries are suitable for all ages.
-A maximum limit of three entries per person will be accepted.
Please note; all entries should be individual and not adjustments of a previous entry. ex. do not change your colours schemes and resend the same entries.
-Entries must be full-colour, 300 dpi resolution and submitted electronically in JPEG format. A smaller version of your entry may by submitted for judging as long as a higher resolution version is available.
-You may also post artwork to your own web site, DeviantART account, or other hosting service and e-mail us the URL.
-Do not use a watermark on your submission.
-When submitting entries, please use the following naming format for your file:
firstname_lastname_01.jpg (or PDF).
If you are submitting more than one entry, please number them appropriately
(i.e: firstname_lastname_02.jpg, firstname_lastname_03.jpg, etc.).
How to enter:
E-mail entries to (contest is closed)
The following information must be included with your entry:
-In subject line, of your submission e-mail please list your real name, and Ai-Kon Mascot
Ex. Christopher Benson – Ai-Kon Mascot
-Your real first and last name
-Your artist nickname (if you use one)
-Your e-mail address (the one you use)
-Your telephone number
Participants will receive a confirmation e-mail within a week of submission.
Once again, this contest is presently closed.
All entries and rights to the images become property of Ai-Kon.
The winner will receive: a free art table, weekend admission to Ai-Kon, and the year's Ai-Kon t-shirt. The winning entry will be used for Ai-Kon's promotional materials and merchandise.
There are two runner-ups.
The runner-ups will receive:A free half art table at and weekend admission to Ai-Kon.
Ai-Kon 2013 is scheduled for July 12-14, 2013 at the Winnipeg Convention Centre.
Good luck to all participants!